Image From URL
If your image is displayed elsewhere on the Internet and you want to link it over instead of uploading it from your computer, you may add it via a URL.
Open a post or a page to which you would like to add your media. Click your cursor on the area of the post or page where you would like the media to show. Next, click the Add Media button in the top left corner of your toolbar. On the left, select Add via URL. A window opens.
Input the address in the box after the http://, for example, if your-image.jpg is located at yourdomain.com in the “images” folder, you would input yourdomain.com/images/your-image.jpg. If the link is valid, you will see the image and the following options.
An input box for a Caption: the text you enter here will be displayed below the image.
An input box for Alt Text: descriptive text shown on the page while the image loads.
You can also align the image:
- Left: Aligns the image on the left hand margin, and any text that is on the page wraps (or flows) around the image to the available space on the right.
- Right: Aligns the image on the right hand margin, and any text that is on the page wraps (or flows) around the image to the available space on the left.
- Center: Aligns the image to the center of the page, with no text displayed around it.
- None: Inserts the image in to the page with no alignment
You can choose what the image links to when you click on it:
- Image URL: links your inserted image directly to the original, full-size version of the file.
- Custom URL: Allows you to set a custom link URL for your inserted image to link to when clicked.
- None: This setting will remove the link completely, rendering the image “un-clickable”.
When you’re finished, click the Insert Into Post button.